10 Simple Steps to Creating Money-Making Marketing Plans That Can Grow Your Business...or Your Client’s ... Every Month
Dear Marketing Professional:
“Do you write marketing plans?”
That simple question causes most copywriters and marketing consultants to reach for the antacid.
“Do you have a marketing plan?”
When a potential investor, venture capitalist, or bank asks that question, it stops most entrepreneurs and business owners in their tracks.
Well, you probably know a lot about your business and marketing.
You may be a skilled copywriter or consultant – or an ambitious entrepreneur.
But if you’re like most marketers I encounter, you’ve actually never written ...indeed, you may never have even SEEN ... a formal marketing plan.
So while you have the marketing knowledge, you don’t know the correct format ...structure... sections ...style ...data … content … and organization that go into a proper marketing plan.
And therefore, when asked to write or prepare a marketing plan, you don’t know how to do it.
So you’re left with the unfortunate choice of either (a) not being able to create or write a marketing plan or (b) paying a small fortune to have someone else do it for you.
Either way, not knowing how to write marketing plans costs you money, missed opportunities, and holds you back from maximizing your income as an entrepreneur, consultant, or copywriter.
But it doesn’t have to be that way....
Because now there’s an easy-to-use instruction manual that can help you churn out kick-butt marketing plans quickly and effortlessly....
Writing your own marketing plans - once difficult, now easy
In our new 111-page e-book, The 10-Step Marketing Plan That Will Grow Your Business Every Month, Lura Harrison and I give you everything you need to create a correctly formatted marketing plan.
With this knowledge, it’s a snap to write marketing plans that grow your business, get you funding, and that your boss or client will be thrilled with.
In our just-published guide to writing winning marketing plans, you’ll discover:
- Why most small businesses fail...and how you can avoid their fate. Page 5.
- Each item in your Marketing Action Plan needs these 6 key components. Can you name them all? Page 61.
- How to calculate "lifetime customer value (LCV)." Plus: how to use LCV to determine your marketing budget. Page 27.
- Setting marketing goals and tasks for the next 30 days … the current quarter … the full calendar year … and more. Page 65.
- 7 ways having a written marketing plan can make your small business more profitable. Page 6.
- How to select the right product or service benefits to feature in your marketing campaigns. Page 29.
- 7 keys to using market plans to actually increase marketing results, sales, and profits in your business. This is the critical step many business owners miss. Page 68.
- 5 most common questions business owners have about marketing … and how to find the answers to each. Page 7.
- Marketing plan not working? 11 immediate actions to take when troubleshooting the problem. Page 71.
- Creating and using client profiles to serve your customers better. Page 30.
- 8 ways to dramatically increase your marketing plan’s chances of success. Page 72.
- Master the 10 steps to creating a winning marketing plan -- in less than 2 minutes. Page 8
- Pinpointing and exploiting weaknesses in the competition. Page 36. Plus: 20 things you want to know about your competitors. Page 40.
- What Colonel Sanders can teach you about turning your dream into a money-making business. Page 10.
- Finding the proper positioning statement to communicate in your promotional campaigns. Page 43.
- Why you should write the end of your marketing plan first – then go back and fill in the rest later. Page 11.
- Plan all of your marketing activities for the year using SMART goals. Page 45.
- Your free 22-page toolkit of worksheets for do-it-yourself marketing plans. Starts on page 75.
- 5 tips for creating a powerful vision statement for any business. Page 12.
- 8 steps to formulating a winning marketing strategy for your product or service. Page 47.
- 10 questions you must answer before you write your marketing plan. Page 14.
- Selecting the most effective tactics for product design … customer service … pricing … packaging … communications. Starts on page 51.
- A simple visualization technique for getting a clear mental image of what you want your business to look like. Page 16.
- 41 ways to market, advertise, and promote your business. Which should you use this year? Page 52.
- 6 reasons why you should become a specialist instead of a generalist. Page 19. Plus: 3 steps to picking a profitable niche. Page 20.
- Creating your 5-point Tactical Marketing Plan. Page 53.
- How to find the “sweet spot” in your market – the largest and most profitable group of under-served potential customers. Page 22.
- The 26 most important marketing metrics to track … and how to measure each. Page 55.
- Integrating a marketing plan into the company business plan. Page 108.
- 6 steps to closing more sales and growing your business faster. Page 25.
- Putting your marketing strategy on paper: formatting, design, and organization of a formal plan. Page 60.
- How much can copywriters and consultants charge clients for writing a marketing plan? Page 108.
- Plus: Web sites on business planning … planning software … and much more…page 109.
But that’s not all....
Starting on page 97 of The 10-Step Marketing Plan, we include a complete sample marketing plan for you to use as a model.
The model plan makes it even easier for you to write your own marketing plans! You just follow the same format – even use much of the same wording if you like – substituting the specifics for YOUR client or company.
You ALSO get a set of worksheets for gathering the information needed to complete the various sections of the marketing plan.
Bottom line: The 10-Step Marketing Plan empowers you to create powerful, professional, business-boosting marketing plans – without reinventing the wheel each time you write one.
Order now and save $30
There are many benefits to creating a strong, sensible, clear marketing plan.
If you’re a small business owner, following the market plan can easily reduce your marketing expenditures by 10% to 50% or more.
Even if you spend just $10,000 a year on marketing, that’s an immediate cost savings of $1,000 to $5,000.
More importantly, an intelligent marketing plan can make your advertising up to twice as effective – and increase your annual sales by 25% or more.
If you’re a copywriter or a business consultant, you can charge clients anywhere from $3,000 to $10,000 to write a single marketing plan.
And of course, if you’re a business owner and you write your own plan, that’s $3,000 to $10,000 you don’t have to pay to a consultant.
But it won’t cost you $10,000 … or $1,000 … or even $100 to master our clear and simple 10-step process for creating winning marketing plans!
The cover price of The 10-Step Marketing Plan is $69. But order today and you get a $30 discount off the regular rate.
Your investment is only $39. That’s less than what I charge consulting clients for just 5 minutes of my marketing advice! If you know business, you know that’s a great deal.
And that’s the price you pay only when you see how easy it is to follow our guidelines … and write as many great marketing plans as you need or your clients request.
If you don’t agree, then your cost is zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Because you can….
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If, after reviewing The 10-Step Marketing Plan, you are dissatisfied for any reason … or for no reason at all … just let me know within 90 days.
I’ll refund your $39 payment in full. No questions asked. And you may keep the e-book with my compliments. That way, you risk nothing.
But I urge you to hurry. This special low introductory price – a $30 savings off the cover price – is for a limited time only.
You’re going to need to create a marketing plan at some point – perhaps sooner than you think.
Right now, you can order The 10-Step Marketing Plan on a risk-free 90-day trial basis for just $39.
If you wait until the introductory offer is over, you’ll pay $69 for the exact same guidelines and tools.
So, what are you waiting for?
To order The 10-Step Marketing Plan on a 90-day risk-free trial basis … and save $30 … just click below now:
P.S. Quick-Response Bonus! Order The 10-Step Marketing Plan today and you get a FREE 50-page Bonus Report, 17 Marketing Secrets (list price: $29).
In it, you’ll discover:
- What F. Scott Fitzgerald can teach you about getting free publicity by being contentious – page 40.
- 3 questions you must ask your list broker before you rent your next mailing list – page 14.
- How to increase your response rates by 1,000% … just by changing your offer – page 8.
- The "Mad FU"formula for qualifying prospects and doubling your sales closing rate – page 44.
- A Reduce stress and enjoy your business more by practicing the Silver Rule of Marketing – page 46.
- How to generate 50% to 100% more inquiries from your marketing with the Bait Piece Strategy – page 3.
- A no-brainer copywriting secret that can make your tiny Yellow Pages advertisement generate more calls than full-page ads in the same section – page 24.
- And more...
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of 70 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books). He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Successful Meetings, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer’s Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob’s writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He has also taught marketing at New York University.
Mr. Bly has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer. He was a featured speaker at the 2006 annual conference of the National Speakers Association.
What they say about Bob Bly's copy and counsel
“Good things are happening. I am getting a steady stream of Trial and Demo requests from the new site. These requestors are filling out the entire contact form. The site is simpler now, and I am still working to make it even more so. I appreciate your work.”
—Jim Romano, DataForceOne
“Thank you so much for your wonderful work. It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you on another project in the near future. You were always available, quick to answer questions and always exceeded my expectations. You truly are a gifted writer.”
—Aaron Griffith, The Griffith
“Bob, again thanks for the great copy. You consistently help us reach customers with compelling, actionable content, when others just can't!”
—William McElleney, IBM
“The feedback keeps coming in and we all agree yours was a truly helpful, useful, insightful and effective workshop. You did a fantastic job inspiring the troops and we've already begun applying some of the key learnings.”
—Paul Connors, Copywriting Manager, A large financial services company in the Chicago area
“Bob...your creative work, patience, and 'partnership' with us at IT Group has virtually propelled us to another level of business professionalism and recognition. The response we've received from your letters has been nothing short of tremendous. We've not only derived significant business from these unforgettable mailings – your efforts have sparked a creative energy within our ranks which will assist us in years to come. Thanks for your guidance and counsel.”
—John A. Fallone, IT Group International
“I hired Bob on his reputation, and found it is well-deserved. His fact-finding process in preparation to write our copy was both painless and enlightening. The final deliverables were right on time as promised, and better than expected – which is saying a lot because my expectations were high. The first time I read his copy for our project, I literally got chills down my back – he nailed it the first time. Wow.”
—Dennis Rosenberg, VP Marketing, VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
“Bob Bly did an amazing job with our company brochure. We are very impressed with his capacity to learn our product and to write copy so clearly and pointedly. Bob Bly is a great marketing investment.”
—Michael Manoussos, Manhole Barrier Systems
“Great white paper! I'm in favor of the entire submission. Please congratulate Bob on a great effort.”
—Michael C. Howard, Chasm Recovery
“Your Tax Loopholes ad looked great and is performing very well. Thanks for the strong copy.”
—Brian Kurtz, Boardroom
“You did an excellent job. It's been a pleasure working with you on this project.”
—Edward Brunet, Decatur Professional Development, LLC
“Thank you very, very much for doing such a great job on the ad. I was one of those folks who would read the ads in the DAK catalog by Drew Kaplan and this was as enjoyable for me as that.”
—Chris Pickering, MeritDirect
“Bob . . . Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book . . . It's great! You are good! Great job . . . you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!”
—Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
“In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry.”
—Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
“When I received the piece, I thought, I'll have to skim over it now and read it later. But, once I started, I couldn't stop! You did a GREAT job with Ken's story. I love it. It kept me reading. I'm VERY pleased with it.”
—Craig Simpson, Ken Roberts Company
“Bob, it's been a pleasure to work with you!!! Thank you so much! I'm very happy with the copy; I feel it will give me good results.”
—Alejandra P. Bigai, Romanicos Chocolate
“Thanks again for a great job.”
—Davis Ross, Ross Advertising
“I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent work you did for us. You are the man and I can't tell you how much I admired your approach and service. Although I've never worked with a copywriter before, I think you set the standard pretty high. I look forward to working with you again. You certainly have my vote for the next round!”
—DP Jovine, Tycoon Research
“Great job – I’m always amazed at how you can boil the complex down into simple terms. It flows very well.&rdquo
—Kyle Hodgens, Capital Financial Media
“ Thank you for the copy. I see why you're the expert. It's so simple, it's brilliant.”
—Sau Hyoung Pak, Big Machine
"The radio spots are very well done. I am very impressed with your work and copywriting expertise. We will be making the changes to the print ad as you suggested. In the future we may work with you to design a totally new print ad. Again I'd like to say I'm impressed with your services. You were prompt, informative, and definitely know your stuff. We will be recommending you to others and doing repeat business."
—Joshua Andrews, Health Solutions, LLC
"When people get to the promotion, the promotion has a good conversion rate. In one test, it actually had a 14% conversion to sale... can't ask for much better than that."
—David Galland, Casey Research
"I loved the ad! I don't see any reason for revision so I have already put through a check request for the balance I owe you on the ad. We are very excited about this one. I can't wait to see how it does. Thanks so much!"
—Alice Wessendorf, Agora Health Book
"I show off the work that we did on lead generation for negotiation -- as well as the conversion program from HMCL -- as big successes."
—Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Thank you for being very instrumental on making the launch of the wealth management book such a resounding success. It was so successful that we had to request more copies."
—Ingrid Boney, II
"Thanks, Bob! You are awesome to work with."
—Matt Morsa, Stock Secrets, Inc.
"I've spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he's doing."
—Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co.
"I am happy to report to you that your piece out produced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project...."
Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
"This is an outstanding letter. Really nice work!"
—Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Like the package ... the tone ... I think it's excellent."
—Bill Caskey, Caskey Sales Achievement
"We are very pleased with your copy approach because your copy seems to speak to the neurologist better than the copy in previous promotions. Moreover, your copy presses the sell better and more effectively. I really value your direct marketing copy capabilities and I'm thrilled to have you working with MedLink."
—Jim Chacona, MedLink
"Just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for the hard work and energy you've poured into the Sinatra product package. You are a joy to work with."
—Gail Diggs, Phillips Health
"Thanks again… you did a great job."
—Caleb Cherry, Capital Financial Media
"You are a genius! I rarely love copy this much from the get-go. You hit it on the head!"
—Sara Pond, Nightingale-Conant
"The original ad insert of 'Wall Street's Loss is Your Gain' continues to kick butt -- pulls 12 to 15 subscriptions a week. Not bad for a $500 investment made 5 months ago."
—Charles Mizrahi, Stealth Stocks
"As a marketing professional, for 17 years I wrote my own promotional material. But I am not a professional copywriter. It wasn't until I took my own advice that I started getting the results I deserved. With Bob Bly, I got what I wanted - in the promised time frame - with re-writes - and the results I wanted. Thanks Bob!"
—Mark Amtower, Amtower & Company
"I found your ad copy compelling, powerful...even entertaining. You really communicated the 'feel' of the message we are selling. Thanks for such great work, Bob!"
—Ashley Earnhardt Aiken, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"Bob wrote the most ballsy ad in the history of Dynamic Changes and it set sales records this fall. People couldn’t stop themselves from responding."
—Richard Scheffren, Dynamic Changes Hypnosis